Updates on Nuclear Energy

Who has it and who wants it.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blog Self-Interview

What is the purpose of this blog?
To inform people of the new advances in nuclear energy technology and how these advances might affect them.
Who is the imagined audience(s) of this blog?
People who are interested in the future and how science can make it better/easier. There is no specific education level that I am writing to. I write my posts in a way that even Jr. high students can fully understand the post.
Have my posts matched up with my purpose/audience?  What/who might I be overlooking in defining my purpose/audience this way?
My posts are pro-nuclear...all the time. Of course I would love to convert people to nuclear energy but there will always be those who don't agree. I do not feel I am leaving them out of my audience because they still have the ability to take away info from my blog just as everyone else does.
What can I do to encourage more reader participation with my blog?
I could ask questions...I already posted a poll for viewer's opinions.
How can I expand my audience in this class?  Outside of this class?
Word of mouth? Email friends the link.  I could build a working nuclear reactor in my backyard and have it run for 100 years with no problems...maybe then people would be interested in my blog.
How would I characterize the tone of my blog?
My blog is as cheery as I am...although I have found that some of the comments are not.
What do I hope to get out of writing this blog?
Conversion!!! If I could get one person to change his/her mind about the future of nuclear energy then I would be satisfied.
What would I like others to get out of it?
Power!!!! From my blog people can arm themselves with the knowledge of nuclear energy...they can then support politicians who support nuclear energy!
What are the strengths of my blog/my blogging?
Many posts. Interesting. Current.
What are the weaknesses?
It deals strictly with nuclear energy...if someone doesn't like nuclear they won't like my blog.
Have I used a deficit model in my writing, or something else?  How would I know?
I do not think I have used a deficit model. I have never explained what nuclear power/energy or the science behind it. I am assuming everyone knows what it is. This is not a blog to learn about nuclear reactions or what uranium is cool. I write my blogs as if the reader is current on the newest nuclear technologies...if you do not know what I am talking about (which I doubt will ever happen) you can surely wiki it.
How have I characterized (implicitly or explicitly) science, engineering, and/or technology in my blog?  
I have made it important, as if it is the key to a better future because that is what I feel it is. Progress is always made to better people's lives...no one does research on how to make things more difficult.
How have I characterized myself?
I have characterized myself as someone who believes that nuclear energy is the answer to a very old question. I am proud of countries that put themselves on the forefront of nuclear technologies. I am open to what others have to say...but my view will not change (kind of hypocritical). I will always search for the answers to what my audience asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment